Combined for June 21, 2014
Translated from Russian by Gleb Bazov / Edited by S. Naylor
Briefing from Igor Strelkov, June 21, 2014, 16:21
- I cannot offer any commentary about Izvarino [Note: a Russian checkpoint on the Ukrainian border that came under artillery shelling by the Ukrainian troops].
- All night and day we have been subjected to [enemy] mortar shelling against Semyonovka and Cherevkovka. According to our intelligence, the Ukies continue to bring ammunition and landmines to Karachun Mount. In large quantities.
- The roads leading into Slavyansk have been tightly blocked. Feverish reinforcements with personnel and equipment have been noted at all [enemy] checkpoints.
Briefing from Igor Strelkov, June 21, 2014, 19:31
- Near Zakotnoye, in a short battle, detachments comprised of personnel of the Lisichansk battalion of A. Mozgovoi destroyed the vanguard unit of the enemy. Two BTR APCs were eliminated (burned down). The remnants of the vanguard unit – a tank and a third BTR APC – hurriedly departed in the direction of Zakotnoye, where the enemy is concentrating major forces.
- On the outskirts of Slavyansk, there are sporadic shooting engagements. No artillery has been heard since noon. Except that, from time to time, they throw a landmine or two [mortar ammo] toward the beleaguered Slavyansk.
- We have confirmation that a major unit of an English-speaking PMC (Private Military Contractor) has been quartered in Karpovka (on the north-eastern borders of the town).
Comments are closed.