- Update: US Radio Liberty has published a video of the glorious thrashing described below http://www.radiosvoboda.org/media/video/26524546.html
The forces of “Donbass”, “Azov”, “Shahtersk” Battalions and “Right sector” forces could not break the militia’s defense on the outskirts of #Ilovaisk in the Eastern region. During the battle, 7 Ukrainian troops were killed and more than a dozen injured.
– “Between 2 – 5 militia snipers held the line against three hundred men of “Azov” and “Shahtersk” Battalions keeping them a kilometer away from #Ilovaisk city. Nobody could raise their heads. An ignominious defeat,” – said one of the Ukrainian servicemen.
According to him, the Ukrainian artillery was given the wrong coordinates, and it struck an empty part of the field. After that, the military launched an assault on the militias’ intact bunkers.
– “Brilliant! They put men in two columns, enclosed them in combat support vehicles and led them to the bunkers, – explained a Ukrainian soldier. – An Armored Personnel Carrier was up front. It was the only one that carried out its task when its gun wasn’t jammed, and then we went into the grass. Heavy weapons – zero. Armored Personnel Carrier – died. Azov Battalion’s УТЕС (heavy machine gun) “Azov” – broken. Couldn’t reach them with rifles. Yes, we just did not see them!”
The soldier added that the Ukrainian army snipers were firing Dragunov rifles with an effective firing range of 800 meters. But the militia didn’t allow them to get closer than a kilometer. (Then) the #DNR’s Army started coming in from the side.
– “We have nine radios per battalion. Neither with the army nor the adjacent units was there any communications contact. I had a group in my cross-hairs while laying in sunflowers but from one to the next was trying to figure if they were our troops or the other guys. Yellow Ribbon marker tape (on our arms) in a field of sunflowers – real smart” he added
According to him, the militia used mortar near #Ilovaisk. At the second volley, the Ukrainian soldiers fled. One of them remarked that Ukraine’s track team would have been proud of such a sprint.
– “Army artillery – given the wrong coordinates. They instantly – and conscientiously tore up a completely empty lot. The assault began – untouched, pristine bunkers. Brilliantly divided people into two vehicle columns (!!) enclosed them in combat vehicles – and led us to bunkers. And the Separatists – laughing so hard at us. I’ve never ever experienced such a disgrace as this fight. Us – punishers?! More like moose elk. Nestor Makhno’s total anarchy, fuck. No weapons, no communication, no training. And then, they hit us with mortars. The first salvo – didn’t reach us. The second salvo- well there wasn’t one. Because there was no one left to hit anymore. Such a race – Ukraine’s own track team wouldn’t have been ashamed of that race. Bottom line. The separatists were busting their bellies from laughing so hard. 4 corpses in the Donbass, 3 – Azov, 6 – seriously wounded; that I personally saw. No enemy killed…”